This skillet cookie is so quick and easy to make. It’s perfectly crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside, and you can eat it straight out of the pan. Plus, it sure beats shaping individual cookies!
Cranberry + pistachio skillet cookie
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 4 heaped tbsp coconut oil or grass fed butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp each of Pistachios and dried cranberries
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, arrowroot powder, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt.
3. Melt the coconut oil or butter. In a separate bowl with an electric mixer or food processor, mix the melted coconut oil (or butter), egg and vanilla extract.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix gently until combined, then stir in the cranberry and pistachios. If the mixture is a little too wet, gradually add in extra arrowroot flour until a desired cookie dough consistency is reached.
5. Refrigerate the dough for about 15 minutes and then scoop mix into a well greased skillet pan.
6. Place skillet in the oven and bake until golden around the edges, but still soft in the centre, approx. 20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and enjoy with your favourite full fat yoghurt or coconut ice-cream.
Brittany Darling is an accredited Nutritionist and Herbalist based in Sydney, Australia. Brittany has a wealth of knowledge in the field of diet and optimum wellness specialising in paediatric and women’s wellbeing. Check out her blog here and follow her on Instagram @wholefoodhealing.
Know someone who’d love this? Share it with them!