Keto fan or not, you’d say yes to a cake that’s guilt-free. And masterchef or not, you’d be silly not to want to whip up a cake that only requires three ingredients.
Bottom line: your life is finally complete now that you’ve stumbled upon this chocolate cake.
Healthy and easy AF, we guarantee you’ll be whipping this baby up every week.
Keto Friendly Chocolate Cake
Gluten Free, Nut Free
- 425g of dark chocolate (I use 70-85 percent)
- 250g block of organic butter, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 10 organic eggs (separated)
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Grease a 25cm springform pan with butter.
3. Melt butter and chocolate in a heat resistant bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
4. Beat eggs whites using a electric whisk until they form stiff peaks.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks until pale.
6. Allow chocolate mix to cool, and then add chocolate mixture to egg yolks and mix well.
7. Gradually fold egg whites a little at a time to the chocolate mix.
8. Add mixture to spring from pan and place in oven.
9. Cook for 30-40 minutes in oven or until set. (It’s okay if this cake is still a little moist in the middle. It’s delicious as a self-saucing pudding!)
Brittany Darling is an accredited Nutritionist and Herbalist based in Sydney, Australia. Brittany has a wealth of knowledge in the field of diet and optimum wellness specialising in paediatric and women’s wellbeing. Check out her blog here and follow her on Instagram @wholefoodhealing.
For more low-carb delicious recipes, these are 5 keto desserts that will satisfy all your cravings, plus Sam Wood’s choc pudding is packed full of goodies and no nasties.
Know someone who’d love this? Share it with them!